Marketing Data Analyst will provide data-driven insights for the Industrial and Retail Sales organization. Key areas of responsibilities include performing analysis from all type of data sources, being the main interface between sales, finance & IT and consolidating sales, marketing, and Sales-Finances reporting.
- Unpaid practicum position
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary program
- 30-40 hours/week
Responsibilities and Duties
- Delivers commentaries and sales analysis for monthly business review reports, pro-actively identifying business opportunities and issues.
- Statistical analysis of results to identify impact through the use of internal and external sources.
- Develops and manipulates excel based templates and reports
- Communicates the month-end result to sales and presents gap analysis of forecasting vs. actual including P/L & balance sheet review budgeting.
- Leverages existing systems and field data to provide regular analytics on the state of the business.
- Supports management by compiling data into professional reports that support both findings and recommendations quantitatively and qualitatively. Clearly articulates compelling business insights and actions with data and context.
- Other duties as required (e.g. Special Projects, Business Review preparation, etc.).
Qualifications and Skills
- Applicant must currently be enrolled in college or university program and can only apply as part of their term work prerequisite.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and Advanced in PowerPoint and Excel including Pivot Tables, V-Look-ups, report automation.
- Previous knowledge or experience with web development is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Navision and excel based sales statistical tools would be an asset.
- Budgeting experience would be an asset.
- Bilingualism would be an asset.
Job Type: Internship
To Apply Send us an email with that includes your Resume, Cover Letter and a Portfolio (optional).